Adaptable Spot Cooling for Machining, Repair Shops and More
Cold Air Guns utilize vortex tube technology and filtered compressed air to generate sub-freezing air as low as -30 deg F (-34 deg C) for various industrial spot cooling applications. With no moving parts to wear out, Cold Air Guns require no electricity at the target, just a compressed air source.
Cold Air Guns are predominantly used for cooling of metal parts, in the machining and repair of metals, plastics, wood, ceramics and other materials. Cold air machining performs better than mist coolants and considerably increases tool life and feed rates on dry machining operations. The efficient cooling from a Cold Air Gun can prevent heat-related parts growth while bettering parts tolerance and surface finish quality.
The Mini Cold Air Gun is engineered for applications where the standard Cold Air Gun is too large to fit, or where compressed air flow is limited. The Mini Cold Air Gun uses only 8 SCFM of compressed air and produces temperatures as low as 0 deg F. The Mini Cold Air Gun is available with a single nozzle or a dual point nozzle for multi-directional cooling.
- Improve dry machining speeds by up to 36%
- Prolong tool life by 50%
- Alleviates the mess, cost and safety issues of using mist coolants
- Lessen waiting or normalization time by cooling parts quicker
- Decrease the chances of burning and scorching
- Eliminate the need for secondary parts cleaning after machining
- Diminish grinding wheel loading caused by overheating
- Produces cold air up to 70 F deg (21 C deg) below the intake compressed air temperature
- Quiet operation; meets OSHA noise specifications
- Highly reliable with no moving parts
- Low pressure outlet air
- Utilizes compressed air only– no Freon
- System comes with a magnetic base and a 5 micron auto-drain compressed air filter
- Magnetic base allows for easy, close in positioning and easy portability